Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/10/09 First Blogg

I guess I'll do my first blog post on the youtube video we saw last class about the drastic changes our world undergoes every day. Some pretty interesting stuff, particularly the one segment where the # of text messages sent/received each day exceeds the population of the planet. I was surprised that every 8 seconds, 34 babies are born. which means on average, every day 367,200 people are added to the population. Pretty much agreed on everything and disagreed on nothing since it was a video based on facts and there's nothing much I could do to dispute the evidence in the clip. Even though the clip was only 4:13 long, it captured my attention through the whole duration primarily b.c it presents things that a normal human would overlook or wouldn't even think about on a daily basis. Although it was the shortened version of the original, it did its job of convincing me that the world we live in everyday is changing exponentially. Crazy stuff.

-B Choe

3 comments:

  1. This video was pretty mindblowing. It is amazing how quickly the population is increasing and also how technology is even growing more quickly than that. It makes you wonder that if we were to lose all the technology that we gained, if we would be able to cope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you guys this thing was really good. It also captured my attention because of all the details it gives you as well as all of the cool animation. Ans also i would have to agree that it shows things that every normal person would overlook on their normal day. Some of the other videos on there that are the same thing are pretty good so you guys should check them out.
    PS nice fish <=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys I like that you are having a conversation with one another. That is what blogging is all about. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete