Wednesday, September 23, 2009

9/23/09 Group Punctuation Project

Well, first off. Lets say this is one of the more "outlandish" group projects that I've done in the history of all the group projects that I've done. A powerpoint presentation about a semicolon...Although the educational value was great in the sense that I actually learned all the uses of a semicolon, in about 99% of the writing that I have done, I have never used a semicolon, much less thought of incorporating one in my material. Maybe its b.c. English is not my first language or maybe its the fact I'd rather use the simple comma, in use with a conjunction word to get the same point across. Either way, I hardly think I'll ever use the semicolon unless its required for something. Fun, quick, easy group assignment that I think was slightly out of the ordinary, but an easy A nonetheless. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

-B choe

2 comments:

  1. Brian,
    I completely agree with you about the difficulty of this PowerPoint presentation. When it was first assigned I was shocked. We're freshman in college and we have to teach other freshmen who are just as intelligent as we are how to use basic punctuation marks. When I spoke to my Mom about the project over the weekend she had a different opinion. She told me many college graduates that she works with do not know how to use proper grammar. Her statement swayed my opinion a little bit, and I thought to myself that maybe there are some students in our class who need to refresh their grammar skills. Hopefully the projects will benefit us all, and like you said it's an easy A. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian. Why not take a chance and give that semicolon a try. You know all about it now and why not spice up your writing? You can expand your english by adding to your writing style and grammar skills.

    ReplyDelete